Metalogalva LLC allows you to purchase high-quality galvanized power towers and posts.
The products will be manufactured according to technical blueprints that are going to be drawn up after we have discussed all the specifics of your project.
Every product is compliant with current European regulations.
A power transmission tower is a construction used to transmit and distribute electricity by wires located outside and attached with the help of insulators and armature to support poles or brackets on buildings or engineering structures such as bridges, highways, etc.
There are different types of power posts, that are used in electricity transmission:
Anchored supports are mounted on straight power line route stretches to overcome natural obstacles or engineering structures; they bear the longitudinal load of wire and cable weight.
Intermediate supports are installed on straight route stretches; they are intended only for wire and cable support.
Angle-suspension supports, which are located on the turning route points, under normal conditions bear the composite load of wires and cables of adjoining spans. At narrow angles, when such loads are not high, intermediate angle-suspension supports are used. When the angles are wider, it is better to use angle-suspension anchored supports, which have more rigid frameworks.
End supports are mounted at the beginning and end of the line route; they bear the one-sided wire load.
For the past few years, manufacturers have been actively working on the production of metal supports, which are assembled of tubular elements made from steel sheets.
According to the requirements regarding the recommended distance from the lowest wire to the ground, the support towers may be of the following heights:
Faceted bent supports can be manufactured using two types of intersectional connection, telescopic and flanged. In the latter type of connection, the support sections are connected and screwed together with bolts. In the telescopic model, the construction sections are mounted on each other horizontally and then pulled together with the help of special equipment and hand-operated winches.
There are two types of support crossbeams on faceted metal posts: multifaceted and latticed. The crossbeams are attached to the supports by bolts or pins, which depends on the design chosen by the customer. Next, lifting devices for maintenance workers are installed; these are manufactured according to the client’s requirements.
We would like to point out the following advantages of shaped support towers:
– the consumption of metal products necessary for a multifaceted support stand is sometimes 9 to 20 times lower than for latticed structures;
– the labor intensity and time needed to assemble supports consisting of multifaceted stands is 7 to 8 times lower than for the supports with bolted latticed stands and 1-3 times lower in comparison with reinforced concrete structures;
– the mass of a single power transmission tower is 2.2 times lower than the mass of reinforced concrete supports;
– the supporting capability of the stands (crossbeams) can be easily altered within wide margins due to the thickness of metal sheets and the support conicity;
– there is no need for specialized machinery to transport metal faceted supports to the picket point, which allows you to reduce the time needed for transportation, and, respectively, transportation costs;
– reduced right-of-way areas, which minimizes the negative impact on the environment;
– longer service life in comparison to reinforced concrete support towers;
– multifaceted steel support posts have higher vandal-proof capabilities in comparison to latticed supports.